Tuesday, January 23, 2007

In a spirit of positivity

At the moment I'm living in a place where there is only really one good radio - Užupio Radijas, and when I say good, it's fantastic! It's eclectic and consistently inticing. One song will be Herbie Hancock, followed by David Bowie, followed by Judas' song from Joseph, followed by a nice bit of favela funk. Love it, especially as the alternatives offer basic international pop or Belarussion hits, justs not my thing. So when I want to listen to something else the internet is my friend.

Here are links to some of my favourites:
Musicovery.com – listen according to mood
Last fm – a place to find new things
The Hype Machine – collects what is being talked about on the bleeding edge of the blogosphere (at least 2 buzzword bingo points in that sentence)
MySpace and You Tube – all over the place, but for a reason!


And, my stalwart, the wonderful BBC radio player, oh how I love it. Aside from all the spoken-word stuff that keeps me sane, I am enjoying Stewart Maconie's Freakzone, Late Junction, Queens of Noize,
and Mixing It. Go listen!

-from Caskared

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Musicovery and the BBC Radio Player, Caskared. The BBC's 'Listen Again' feature pretty much justifies the licence fee on its own as far as I'm concerned. I tend to use it for the comedy shows more than music at the moment.

As for DAB radio, I'm hooked on Lauren Laverne's XFM breakfast show at the moment. I can't think of anywhere else you could hear Graham Coxon's 'Freaking Out' and William Shatner's version of 'Common People' back-to-back at eight in the morning.

12:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, fabulous!

2:44 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Caskared,

May I indulge in a little shameless self-promotion for yourself and the fine Art of Noise folks. Given the shows that you listen to, it is just possible that you might enjoy my radio show on a little known internet radio station called UK Nova Radio. It is on Saturday 9-12pm (GMT) and is intentionally eclectic. To have a look at the playlists, please visit the blogs on my myspace (www.myspace.com/missing_channel) or download the file from my blog (http://cd-addiction.blogspot.com/2006/10/developments_116212879843217697.html).

You can also download podcasts of the most recent shows and specials (including the Best of 2006 show) - links on the right.

I am inclined to guarantee that you will hear something that will make you happy.

I am trying to get the show as good as I can, so if you do get to listen - any feedback you want to offer will be gratefully received.

The first hour is fairly poppy, before heading off into whatever territories that take my fancy after that.

Anyway, advertisement over.... :-) If you get to listen, I hope you enjoy it.

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home