Friday, February 09, 2007

In The Dock: Britpop - the verdict

In favour of my case for the prosecution: 1 (Nick The Snick)

In favour of Kenny's case for the defence: 12 (Ian, Caskared, Jonathan S, Mike, Pete A, Paul W, Pete G, Del, Paul A, Lord Bargain, drmigs, James)

Abstentions: 1 (Damo)

Needless to say, the fact that Britpop has been resoundingly cleared of all charges and is seen almost unanimously as a Good Thing perturbs me no end.

Please, please, please let my punishment not be to have to listen to Mike's playlist.

I hate you all.

Coming soon: Swiss Toni is the assassin gunning for Bob Dylan, while James is the bodyguard throwing himself in the path of the bullets.


Anonymous Pete said...

That Menswear compilation is already on its way to you Ben...

7:23 p.m.  
Blogger Del said...

Am I the only who forever wonders what their second album would've sounded like..?

8:37 p.m.  
Blogger Damo said...

Ermmm... Menswear DID have a second album. In the end, it only got released in Japan, but it certainly exists:

They weren't that great but there were far worse 'offenders' of the time. And "I'll Manage Somehow" was a great single.

1:02 a.m.  
Blogger Del said...

I know. I was being rhetorical and knowing. Honest!

'We Love You' was a great single, too! Stupid British public. Happy days.

2:30 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home