Friday, March 09, 2007

In The Dock: Nirvana - the verdict

In favour of Pete G's case for the prosecution: 2 (Damo, Lord Bargain)

In favour of my case for the defence: 11 (Pete A, Caskared, Paul A, Mark, Paul W, Wan, Nick The Snick, Alison, Betty, Martin, Dead Kenny)

I was a lot less confident than Pete that it'd be a clear majority in favour of Nirvana's innocence, fearing they'd go the same way as The Beatles and Bob Dylan - but in fact their status as sacred cows has been cemented.

Thanks to Pete for his contribution.

Coming soon (hopefully): Jonathan S and Damo go head-to-head over (it says here) "overly productive / low quality control pop groups".

5 Comments:

Blogger bonjourtristesse said...

love the site...Math rock is one of my fave genres (slint forever).Keep up the good work!

3:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that it's not playing by the rules to votes for next weeks subject before the prosecution and defence has been published ... ?

1:18 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Er, not really, no...

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben - can Dead Kenny have a '2 votes against' penalty for his next case as punishment for his lewd insinuative remarks at the end of the debate?

10:55 am  
Blogger swisslet said...

Oh damn. I'm sorry I missed this one. I would have made it, er... 3 votes for the prosecution!

ST

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home