Friday, December 08, 2006

In The Dock: Birmingham's musical legacy - the verdict

As featured on the Birmingham It's Not Shit homepage!

It was a landslide in the end, though it didn't look likely early on...

In favour of Alison's case for the prosecution: 5 (Pete A, JonnyB, Ian, Mike, Paul)

In favour of my case for the defence: 14 (Damo, James, Richard, Caskared, Swiss Toni, Jonathan S, Mark, Martin, Jez, Lord Bargain, RussL, Betty, Nick The Snick, Phill)

I'm reliably informed that Birmingham (or the West Midlands, or whatever) is off to celebrate its acquittal with a pint or two and a bag of pork scratchings.

Thanks to Alison for her contribution.

Coming shortly (with any luck): Phill and James go head to head over goth.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Find me a non derivative goth band and I will be surprised. Having said that the pomp and splendour "This Corrosion" might just be able just win the battle on its own. So over the top that it's brilliant.

4:29 pm  
Blogger Simon said...

Bugger, I knew I'd forgotten about something this week. Although I'd have voted for the defence, as coincidentally ...Young Soul Rebels got dug out again this week.

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home