Friday, March 10, 2006

Radio ga-ga

Congratulations to two up-and-coming bands of my acquaintance, who have both featured on national radio in the last week. On Monday night Steve Lamacq gave an airing to 'Snakes', the fast and furious debut single from Portsmouth's Autons, on his Radio 1 show. Meanwhile, last week on Radio 6 Lovemat's 'Between The Lines' was played by none other than Bruce Dickinson - which makes my description of the track as sounding "like The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster rubbing themselves inappropriately with Iron Maiden LPs" rather apt.

2 Comments:

Blogger bytheseashore said...

"like The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster rubbing themselves inappropriately with Iron Maiden LPs" is the best thing I've read in a blog for a long time.

I listen to Bruce Dickinson's show once every few months and every time I'm suprised how good it is. It still feels like a guilty pleasure and I try to avoid it in case metal starts to dominate my music taste again. It doesn't reach the the heady heights of Tommy Vance and Alan Freeman (...) on the 'Friday Night Rock Show' though, but then what could?

For any readers with an 80's / early 90's metal past, I very much recommend Hell Bent For Leather. You'll laugh, you'll cringe, but you probably won't consider a mullet again.

8:03 pm  
Blogger Ben said...

Cheers for that! I'll take a look at Hell Bent For Leather now...

7:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home