Friday, February 09, 2007

In The Dock: Britpop - the verdict

In favour of my case for the prosecution: 1 (Nick The Snick)

In favour of Kenny's case for the defence: 12 (Ian, Caskared, Jonathan S, Mike, Pete A, Paul W, Pete G, Del, Paul A, Lord Bargain, drmigs, James)

Abstentions: 1 (Damo)

Needless to say, the fact that Britpop has been resoundingly cleared of all charges and is seen almost unanimously as a Good Thing perturbs me no end.

Please, please, please let my punishment not be to have to listen to Mike's playlist.

I hate you all.

Coming soon: Swiss Toni is the assassin gunning for Bob Dylan, while James is the bodyguard throwing himself in the path of the bullets.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Menswear compilation is already on its way to you Ben...
;-)

7:23 pm  
Blogger Del said...

Am I the only who forever wonders what their second album would've sounded like..?

8:37 pm  
Blogger Damo said...

Ermmm... Menswear DID have a second album. In the end, it only got released in Japan, but it certainly exists:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hey-Tiempo-Menswear/dp/B00004XNKQ/sr=1-17/qid=1171242012/ref=sr_1_17/202-3596385-5186257?ie=UTF8&s=music

They weren't that great but there were far worse 'offenders' of the time. And "I'll Manage Somehow" was a great single.

1:02 am  
Blogger Del said...

I know. I was being rhetorical and knowing. Honest!

'We Love You' was a great single, too! Stupid British public. Happy days.

2:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home